Friday, September 24, 2010

Benjamin Cayetano: _Ben: A Memoir, from Street Kid to Governor_

Benjamin Cayetano's autobiography provides a surprisingly engaging, personal, and compelling read from an intensely private, seemingly aloof public figure.  Born into a broken home in working-class Kalihi, Cayetano documents the evolution of his intellect and social conscience amidst struggle and hardship. While the bittersweet, poignant reflections on childhood and family will speak to a broad audience, political junkies will delight in the latter sections that offer insider perspective on Hawaii politics and the dirty dealings and scandals that're the underbelly of government.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

On the contrary, if my house were elevated on stilts, the red-hot magma would ignite the stilts, and I'd still fall into it and die. :-0

Also, I have a favor to ask of you--I really appreciate the link in your sidebar, but would you mind removing my last name? I usually don't share my full name online (aside from my private Facebook page). ¡Muchas gracias!